Friday, July 24, 2009

The "Black Mamba" popularly known as Kobe Bryant visited Philippine last July 23, 2009 for promoting the new Nike Dream Season shoe, which he helped design, and to visit the Filipino kids who love to play basketball the way that he does.

"I really came here for the kids, they love the game," said Bryant. "The last time I was here, I pushed them really really hard, but they had the inner fortitude, the inner strength... to me that said a lot.", Kobe said.

He added, "It feels great, this is like my home away from home. It's great to be back with people who truly enjoy the game as much as I do,”.

Bryant picked Manila to be the first stop of his Asian tour because of the Filipinos’ sheer love for basketball.

He will also visit some of the Asian places like Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Chengdu as he had his 2009 Kobe Asia Tour.

0 comments: