Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm sure u r fmiliar w/ da wy pipol do txtng n sum od mnners.

I had a bad experience when I recieved a text from a friend just recently that says:

hw r u? I hpe dat u r ok. I hve recevd ur nvttion bt i wil nt go. Jke! LOL!

I don't know if I am going to get mad or to be happy of what she texted me because I am pleasantly inviting her with my great will and honor to have her on my birthday celebration. The one that pressures me a lot is the term LOL!

I had a hard time understanding and decoding the meaning of the text (LOL!) because I admit, that it was my first time encountering such word. I don't know if that is just a make-face expression or something.

I told my other closed friend about this text and I eagerly asked the meaning of LOL!

I was really in the state of "Laughing out loud!" when I knew that it was not a big deal after all. It is just a laugh! Ha...! Ha...! Ha...!

It was that day that I found myself ignorant. Ha...! Ha...! Ha...! LOL!

For you out there, not to be embarrass of the texting mania terminologies, I will share some. Here are those:

*LOL! .............. Laughing out loud
•UG2BK . . . . . . . You got to be kidding
•GBTW. . . . . . . . Get back to work
•NMP . . . . . . . . . Not my problem
•PIR . . . . . . . . . . Parent in room
•GFTD. . . . . . . . . Gone for the day
•FYEO. . . . . . . . . For your eyes only
•BI5 . . . . . . . . . . Back in five minutes
•DEGT . . . . . . . . Don’t even go there
•BIL . . . . . Boss is listening
•PAW. . . . Parents are watching
•99 . . . . . . Parents are no longer watching
•PCM . . . . Please call me
•IMS. . . . . I am sorry
•TOY. . . . . Thinking of you
•KUTGW. . Keep up the good work
•CID . . . . . Consider it done
•FWIW. . . For what it’s worth
•HAND . . . Have a nice day
•IAT . . . . . I am tired
•NRN . . . . No response necessary
•4COL. . . . For crying out loud
•WRUD. . . What are you doing
•LMIRL. . . Let’s meet in real life
•^5 . . . . . . High five

Enjoy texting!

0 comments: