Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First to encounter CV.

I have subscribed through one of the sites that offers freelance writing. I fill in their forms. Upon accomplishing the form, the last step of the registration process is to download your CV. It was my first time encountering such acronym, CV. What does it mean? I have lots of guessing thoughts for its meaning. CV for Citation Verification, CV as Card Verification, CV as Catalogue Verification. I admit that I was so ignorant in those times.

I decided to have a chat with the company where I registered and happily, I was enlightened. CV is Curriculum Vitae. What does it mean?

A Curriculum Vitae is another term for résumé. It is a document that contains a summary of relevant job experience and education. The résumé is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment. The resume is comparable to, but substantially differs from, a CV.

Now that I have learn something very essential. I successfully log in and send my CV for the company to verify and for me to start my freelance job.

Thanks for the wisdom to learn and the courage to take wisdom.

0 comments: