Monday, August 24, 2009

Address Verification

I have been here in the USA for 3 years now. The fact that I am far from my family in the Philippines makes me lonely. Communicating with them is really needed for me to check them out how they are doing. Eventhough, Internet, phone calls and text messages are some of the possible ways for me to correspond to them, I never disregard sending them mails also to express my heartfelt love and care for them through my written letters.

There was a time that I experienced back-to-sender mail when I tried to send them Christmas cards though postal delivery. I was sending it on a November and it reaches back to me at December of 21st. I was expecting to greet them "Merry Christmas!" through a letter on a December which those letters should supposed to reach them. I was so sad that the address that I have written had errors on the zip code. Instead of 8703, I have written 87003. That is of course, a big difference!

Address Verification is what I just need in order for me to check properly the address of the sender which I send those letters. I paid almost $200 for all of those and it end up unsent.

I realized I have to check the address verification in order for me not to waste too much money when I send letters next time.

That is why, I am more cautious now. Even if I send letters to my cousins and friends here in the USA, I will make sure that I have gone through address verification in verifying the address of my friends and cousins (if those where exact) so that it will not waste too much of my money.

This is a BIG lesson for me!

0 comments: