Monday, August 24, 2009

It is a BIG PRESSURE!

I have seen the Miss Universe 2009 that has been telecast of the ABS-CBN Television Network just this morning. It started with a dance presentation of the 80 plus candidates from around the world, introducing their countries with alphabetically with their desired customes.

It was a high lifting experience seeing the beauty of these elegant girls. After the presentation, the judges were being introduced. Then, the most awaited part comes with the proclamation of the 50 candidates who will fight for the title of Miss Universe 2009.

I was waiting for Miss Philippines to be on the list but as the second to the last call Miss USA, then followed by the last candidate (number 50). Unfortunately, Miss Philippines was not being called.

Of course, I was quite upset and I questioned, WHY...? WHY...? WHY...?

I know that Ms. Philippines has the beauty, the brain and the talent. She is brilliant. But no matter I want her to be included, I don't have the option instead to accept the truth.

Actually, I am very proud of her as she confidently and with humbleness stands to the crowd and represent the PHILIPPINES. Maybe for now, it was not her time. There are reasons for it.

I know that it is a lot of pressure to her but I understand the situation. It is not too easy to be there in front of the world with lots of beautiful competitors as well.

They are all winners. Furthermore, they all did their best.

It is not really that simple for anyone to represent a country and take the pride of its citizen to be proud. But there are reasons why this happen.

Still and will always be, I am proud of Ms. Philippines. There is no need for her to be worried because here in the Philippines, she is a BIG WINNER.

0 comments: