Sunday, February 26, 2012


This world is full of beauty. That is exterior beauty. But when I say, “She looks pretty. She is sexy and her dress fits her.” That is again, exterior physical beauty. When I say, “She is loved by all the people because of her exuding beauty.” That is another kind of beauty.

Beauty for some is to be fit and sexy, to walk elegantly and to dress like a princess. But what really defines being beautiful?

Being beautiful commonly corresponds to womanhood. Physical beauty maybe the target. But do you know that we are all beautiful, men and women, young and old, rich and poor?

There goes the saying:  Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Yes, it is true. It is in the eyes of the inside of the beholder.  

Believe me, I have been to various extreme exposures to make-up, elegant dresses, extravagant shoes and accessories and expensive gadgets (cell phones, bags, etc.) and sophisticated car. I have spent numerous thousands that to sum up, it will reach millions or even billions now of my spent of the stuff that can enhance and help me to become beautiful. I have enjoyed the bliss of my so-called “short happiness” of beauty. Until I came to the point that all that I have earned turned out to be a big mess. I end up penniless. I can’t give maintenance to do my addiction on fashion and total make-over.  I appear ugly and irritated of thinking about the past. I am not happy.

I directly gather strength from amusing myself that I still have enough even though that I have almost nothing. I couldn’t able to maintain my pleasures. I am always in tears and sometimes getting upset of the choices that I have made.  I turned regretful.

But through years of recovery, I stick to what I believe that someday I will be okay until I have realized that beauty can also be spent in simplicity and it can be found in the heart of the beholder.

I have realized that I am not alone in this struggle. I stand tall and I regain myself believing that I will be okay. Then I have realized, that my heart of being generous makes me wonderfully beautiful. It is my heart that stands after my fall, what makes me beautiful. It is being strong that after what I have gone through, I still think positive. That’s what makes me more beautiful.

Being beautiful is not just about the dress you wear, how many shoes do you have or how to fix your hair. It is more about the inner you. The way you show your love and care to the people, even though you don’t wear make-ups, you don’t wear beautiful gown, even if you are just wearing slippers,  that makes you beautiful.

Being beautiful is having a good attitude. You don’t need to wear a mask for you to be beautiful. The way you show your real self in the crowds define who you are and what you really are as a person. How could you stand to live by luxury if you are always thinking about your mask – your make-up, clothes and cars? They are superficial. They never define you. Material things can’t bring a person to a better end, but instead it will transport him into a more jealous and sinful world.

As a person, you don’t need to worry much about how to be beautiful. Just tie your hair with a hairclip, wear a modest dress, carry your smile and be with people, are just the things that you need to do. You don’t need to be desperate in order to be accepted in the so-called peer pressure, fashion pressure. It is you. You should love yourself and loving oneself is displaying a happy disposition of life. You don’t need to be a “social climber” to be included in the list of The Most “Wealthiest” Persons in the World. Just a slight make-up and proper dress is enough for the getup. You don’t need to exaggerate yourself in order to be accepted. What is important is you, your attitude and how you properly, modestly behave and collaborate with all sorts of people in the world.

Being beautiful is being successful. Beauty defines success at all times. Look at those dignified persons in your country, in your community, even if they don’t dress well, but still they are loved by everyone. Their wings soar high. What make them so? It is because of the honest words that are coming from their mouths. Their generosity spread the touch that defines love. Their intelligence is ceaseless. They never stop doing good for humankind. They are so perfect, carefree in everything that they do.  It is because of their beautiful inner self that shines the glow in them. They never lose a battle. They always shine. They are extraordinary. They are rare.

Being beautiful is being positive at all times. The way a person maneuver his life and how he handles it, can lead to an end that he pays the price. People have the instinct to set his mind. He is the controller of what he thinks. The person in him will be measured in how he sees life in the manner of how he handles it. A person who is optimistic is not afraid to try. He is not afraid to lose. He is not afraid to be hurt. He is not always worrying on things. Instead, he will always say, ”There is always a good way.”

Let us face life. Life has lots of pains, trials, tests, hurts, scars, turmoil and frustrations and needless to say, regrets. But what an optimistic person does is to find solution in every storm. He doesn’t give up in all battles. He is not afraid of the dark. He is strong and persevering. He is hopeful and determined. That’s what makes him beautiful.

Being beautiful is being forgiving. Take for example, you have not patched up with your “mortal” enemy since you are young.  We, persons do have conscience. If you are not conscious or you will not feel the sweet embrace of forgiving, you will carry the grudges of not being able to forget until it is too late to ask for forgiveness. That what makes in ugly.

Forgiveness hosts beauty because when you do forgive the person who commits wrongdoings to you, you will be relax and happy to proceed with your life. You will live a life free from any hurts. You will be glamorously journeying in a light heart and with a good spirit. Your soul will be contented and satisfied. You can smile for the rest of your life.

Being beautiful is being true to yourself. You don’t need to pretend and tell the world that you are okay, which in fact, you are not. You don’t need to overly be conceited on things that you are not capable with. You don’t need to be much proud of the things which you don’t even own. You don’t need to spend too much on useless things. You are you. You know what you really want. You have the power to define what you can do and can not do. You have the instinct to go on with life that is free from lies. You need to be transparent. You need to be fair to yourself so that you can love the real person you become.

Being beautiful is being respectful. Respect is what we all need to change the way we think. To respect is to give recognition, to give space, to not maltreat, to unleash the cruel acts and rest to seize. Respect is to be felt not just shown. If you carry the respect in you and to the people in your surroundings, it will bring out the best in you. Being respectful harms no one. It is a right that should not be forgotten.

Being beautiful is being contented with what one has. Beauty is there now in you, if you let it in. You should not find it because it is already in you. You just have to polish it in reflecting. Be fixed. Be true of what you want. Be contented because a person who says he has already enough is a person who finds contentment in the self and in everything that he attains in life. Being self-contained is something that you should fill in yourself, but to ask for more than enough is jealousy and insecurities. You don’t need to spend more on luxury. The true wealth is you. Be happy and be contented. You don’t need to rely on material things to fill the emptiness of change. You just have to be fixed and be satisfied.


We are all beautiful. The kind of beauty that we carry in ourselves defines the kind of perspective we think we are. Build a life that is not pretending for everyone calls for being beautiful. Free your mind with insecurities because you are carefully made in beauty. Be satisfied and contented with what you have for in asking more, you will not reach contentment.

Everyone has the right to be beautiful. Just find the real meaning of beauty in you. But I tell you, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I hope you get what I mean.


Cecille Ann Gregory, the author of this blog
Blogger

0 comments: