Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Accountability of one’s action depends upon:

1. Intention. A person who wants to do something simply “to get away with it” hardly has a pure intention. The following questions may arise: Why do I want to do this action?, Is my motivation selfish?, Is it for the welfare of others?, Will this action help me grow?, Have I considered all the date? or am I acting impulsively?


2. Knowledge. Ask these questions: Does this action of mine measures love?, Do I consult people in authority when I am not sure of my action?, Am I updated in my knowledge about the current issues on the great moral debates of pre-marital sex, mercy killing, drug addiction or abortion? or Do I ask the Holy Spirit to guide me in my actions?

3. Freedom. When all is said and done, then I am free to follow my conscience. When I am free of what I intend to do, I am fully accountable of my actions.

For the sake of simplicity, freedom can be divided into two: Inner Freedom and External Freedom. Inner Freedom refers to the freedom we all can possibly be and External Freedom refers to the freedom of action, the freedom to do all we can possibly do.


Contributed by:

Cecille

0 comments: