Friday, November 12, 2010

Guest post written by Lindsay Key

It really bothers me that my brother hates to read books for fun because he's so smart and such a great writer. I try to remind him that all great writers are great readers too, so I've been trying to force some of my favorite books onto him. I mean, you can't go through life not understanding the most basic literary references!

I was online the other thinking about what books I should make him read when I came across some stuff about an internet service, so I decided to click here to check it out.

Then I decided that Vonnegut would be perfect for him! He's kind of a cynic, so I think that he could really get along with the writer's characters and his style of writing. I just love the way that his writing gets across his cynicism. IÕm going to give him CatÕs Cradle and Slaugtherhouse Five, which I think are the quintessential Kurt Vonnegut books. Or those are the ones that people more readily associate with his name.

0 comments: