Friday, December 3, 2010

Teaching Strategies

There are many varied styles or strategies in teaching but there are no perfect strategies. Teaching in any subjects depend upon the kind of teaching strategies a teacher would like to emphasize in his lesson.

When I teach my students, I will always go into developing their intuitiveness through my technique that I pose questions and ask questions that would ignite their interest and their thinking processes. It makes me feel with less board work and more on them working in a way that they are going to manipulate the kind of thoughts they want to show or reveal.

For the past many years in teaching, I always come into the point that I would not devoid myself from teaching my students in a way through laying questions because I believe, which also I have noticed in them through this strategy, they are able to think well and logically. They develop their thinking ability in which they can present their ideas in a more refine and to the best manner that they could share.

There is no problem with making students work all day in their class during our discussion because I don't want to spoon fed them with all the things that comes from my ideas. It is more good and most proper that all their ideas will be coming from them. Then I know that learning resides in that technique.

In other case as well, when the teacher is a kind whose strategies in teaching are more in sharing his ideas and all the students will passively become mute in learning. In this way, they will become more dependent on the ideas given by their preacher and they will not think anymore. In the same way, the teacher in this kind is a selfish teacher because he doesn't want to hear the ideas of the students or he doesn't believe and trust his students or in any other way, he doesn't instill the ideas of expression in their mouths.

I am in great happiness that can't be measured everything my students say, "Wow! I now know that this is the right way of doing it" rather than saying, "What should I do teacher?". Being in the position as an educator manifests lots of responsibilities because I am obligated to help nourish the blank minds of the students. With that hollow minds, I am the one filling them.

Every time I have a class with my students in school, I always think of teaching as a passion as I have all the powers and energies to help them explore and discover the things that they have or which they haven't discovered yet but they love imparting them.

That is why, teaching is a way of leading sense to the wide verge of exploration and when that "Aha!" flourishly uttered, then I can say that my students learn.

0 comments: