Thursday, December 2, 2010

Contribution by Terrance Kirby

Every holiday season I keep a look out for those tasty and delightful little gingerbread man cookies. Something about the soft and gingery cookie along with the lemon topped icing and that adorable little gingerbread man makes me think of the holidays. Ever since I was a little kid I enjoyed watching my grandma make the gingerbread cookies. We always shaped them into little gingerbread men because it only seemed right that way. I saw an advertisement for these gingerbread man cookies on DirecTV the other day and it immediately makes me know that the holiday times are coming. Sometimes I will buy them because you can find great gingerbread cookies at the store, but sometimes I will make them as well. For my family's holiday meals I will usually make a tray of these gingerbread man cookies and bring it. Usually they are a hit, but it does not matter to me because I know that any leftover gingerbread cookies will come home with me and I will sit in my front living room and enjoy leftover gingerbread man cookies and a little glass of milk while sitting on my favorite chair under my favorite blanket and watching the snow fall outside. I love my gingerbread man cookies for the holidays. There is no treat that is any better and it is the perfect time of year to have them.

0 comments: