Friday, March 9, 2012

This question stirs in my mind. Yes, why really does Enrique Iglesias won’t marry his girlfriend of 11 years? Is being married guarantee a happy everlasting life together? Does being committed bind both wife and husband unconditionally? Does being married make really any difference? Until when does Kournikova will wait for Enrique’s marriage proposal? What do we need to wait fans of Enrique all around the globe?
From the sides of Enrique that I have read on the famous site in the Internet just recently, he said that he never really thought that marriage would make a difference. He further said that maybe because he came from divorced parents and that he doesn’t think that loving someone means commitment just because of a piece of paper. He also added that it is a taboo nowadays not to have kids and not to be married is rampant in the society. The only that that makes it a difference is that you are a good parent, he further said.
Again, that is the side of Enrique. There are many reasons that one is in par with him or against what he said. But does really marriage certify a couple’s happy ever after?

Anyway, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But for me, living together as boyfriend, girlfriend for many years takes too long for each other to wait for marriage. I hope that Kournikova is patient enough to see and is enjoying to wait until this time. But again, I can’t judge them because that is their sides of the world they want to revolve. I am not Enrique anyway. I am not Kournikova either.

I believe that it is love that binds them. I can see it. For 11 years, that is pretty amazing! That, I can say probably that their love is true love. But the only revelation that a woman and a man testify in witness for their love is through marriage. What if they will break up for that 11 years of love formation? That is pretty questionable and quite regretful as I see it if that would happen.

It is marriage which binds them in the altar before God and the world. Being with each other takes a vow of promise that ‘till death do as apart. Basing then on Enrique’s side that because he comes from divorced parents, I think what he went through with his family leaves a “scar” that marriage is not indeed the only guarantee. Yes, it is love. But again, marriage is the only way, I think for me that two persons become one.

Again, I am not Enrique. We are not Enrique. Their culture speaks of their belief. But I do hope that they will be happy forever on what decisions they are going to make. It is their part and I am just taking both sides with my opinion.
Until when can Enrique be single? Anyway, we don’t want to pressure him. Just an avid fan of him in here!

Cecille Ann Gregory, writer of this blog
Blogger

0 comments: