Sunday, September 12, 2010

I. Subject-Verb Agreement. Supply the correct verb based from its number.

1. Jake __________________(like) to play basketball every time he sees his friend coming home.
2. Some plants _______________________(use) thorns as climbing organs.
3. Either Sophia or Sabrina _____________________(join) the party.
4. Both her sons ____________________________(goes) to that school.
5. My aunt and I __________________________(stays) back to learn knitting.
6. They ________________________(says) her wife is a capable woman.
7. Nobody ________________________(know) what is the right step of the dance.
8. This pair of socks __________________________(smells) like newly bought.
9. Mr. Wee, as well as the department head _________________________(discuss) the meeting this morning.
10. “Romeo and Juliet” ______________________(portray) the story of two lover’s undying emotional feeling.
11. Ten plus two _______________________ (equal) twelve.
12. Here ____________ (verb-to-be) the mangoes that Jenny bought.
13. There ___________ (verb-to-be) the man who is standing along the road all night long.
14. I _________ (verb-to-be) the one who is responsible for all these mistakes.
15. You _________(verb-to-be) the one that I used to be called my real friend.
16. The children or the people ___________________ (shouts) for joy as they all watch the program.
17. The number of boys _____________________ (climbs) the tree happily.
18. A number of visitors ______________________ (enjoy) the whole event of the show.
19. My friend, mother and teacher ______________ (verb-to-be) my aunt.
20. This ___________(verb-to-be) the place where I find it hard to forget.

0 comments: