Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Guest post written by my buddy Lavern Small

I never thought I could love a tv show more than I love Seinfeld, but The Office may just be up there. From the quirky, way way way way over the top characters and the little bits they do at the beginning and end of the show, this show just keeps me laughing non stop.

Most fans started watching the show because of Steve Carrell's (who plays Regional Manager Michael Scott) work on the movie, the 40 year old version. To be honest, I only first started watching it because I thought Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesly) was hot - Fischer guest starred for an episode of That 70's Show as Stephanie Wanamaker. But I ended up enjoying the show for it's awkward humor. I've actually grown most fond of the side characters.

Thanks to some of the best cable tv deals, I've DVR'd all my favorite episodes. Most of my favorite parts involve scenes with one of the biggest side characters, Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson). I especially enjoy his relationship with the protagonist, Jim Halpert (John Krasinski) - especially b/c they are somewhat rivals who outwardly protest their dislike one another, but have some of the most memorable scenes of friendship in the show like when Dwight quits (the other one where Dwight's first love interest chooses another co-worker, Andy Bernard (Ed Helms) and Jim consoles him on the stairwell. I laughed when Dwight (who had been looking away in tears) turns to hug Jim and he's already left).

0 comments: