Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Not As Annoying

This is a guest post by Alexander Loudermilk

For some time now, I have had to sit and watch many children programs that have been played on my satellite tv package with my nephew. After some time some of them grew on me more than others. The one that crosses over most to the adult audience is Spongebob Squarepants. Where as other childrens' cartoons are pretty simple, and have transparent subject matter, SpongeBob has a sort of gross out factor that appeals to me as well. Apparently, Tom Kenny from Mr. Show does the voice over for the main character, which is surprising when you consider the adult nature of Mr. Show.

There are enough moral teachings underneath all of the gross out humor and insulting interations between the characters. I love how SpongeBob works at the Crusty Crab, where he make crabby patties with the crabby patty secret formula, which is almost always right out of the way of theft by their competition. I highly suggest that if you by any chance get a chance to sit and watch this show with your children, you will have an entertaining time doing so.

This show ranges in its audience vastly, but it can definitely be a bit less annoying for adults to watch when they have no choice over what is being played in the family room on the television screen throughout the day.

0 comments: