Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Guest blog post from my buddy John Fox.

It’s great having a DVR around, and now that I look back on times when I didn’t have one, I really don’t know how I managed without it. I really can’t fathom not being able to actually pause live television to take a break from watching satelite TV. That’s really one of my favorite parts about owning a DVR. If I’ve happened to miss a part of a show that I really wanted to see or I have to leave the room, I can simply rewind live television back to where I left off.

I use my DVR with my satellite TV, and it works out nicely because I can record shows and watch them at a later time to my convenience. That’s probably my second favorite part about owning DVR. One of my favorite shows to record is Cake Boss, and because of my hectic work schedule, it would be impossible to watch it without a DVR.

Another feature I like about the DVR is being able to burn shows that I’ve recorded onto DVDs. I just recently purchased the DVD-R/RW combo kit so that I could burn the Cake Boss series onto DVDs so that I could keep them for myself. It’s really nice having that thing; I don’t know what I’d do without it!

0 comments: