Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spin right round

Guest post written by Brad Turlington

Years of spinning records as a club DJ has brought me a lot of good times and extra cash. I started DJ-ing frat parties in college after one friend asked me to fill in at his frat at the last minute when the DJ they booked had an emergency at the last minute.

I haven’t ever been a DJ as a full-time job, but over the years I’ve worked as one on weekends and at parties and other various kinds of events. Although I’m not exactly young anymore, I still stay up to speed on current music so I can continue to book jobs outside of weddings and class reunions.

I no longer need the extra money, so I do it more out of enjoyment. But I’ve been noticing lately that I have to listen to the music in my headphones a little louder than I used to. I guess that all that loud music has taken its toll on my ears. At my wife’s suggestion I looked up hearing aid brands and found some miracle ear hearing aid prices. I found some aids that will work my DJ-ing and I’m getting fitted for them tomorrow.

I don’t want to give up DJ-ing anytime soon and I think that with these that won’t even be a worry.

0 comments: