Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This guest post from Margaret Mills

My favorite movie of all time is the remake of Phantom of the Opera. I have watched it between ten and fifteen times. But, I have not seen it in a while. Well one day I was flipping the channels and there it was! My favorite chick flick on directv deals.

So, I sat back and had a relaxing time. I cannot tell you which ones are my favorite parts of the movie. Is it where Christine meets the Phantom for the very first time? Or the touching scene in the cemetery where Christine's father is buried? That season still makes me cry as my father suddenly passed away just a couple years ago. How about the first kiss in the snow on top of the Opera house with her beau the Viscount.

The score of the music is one of the best I have heard in a really long time. Everything fit perfectly and blended together. You could understand the words from darkness and madness to love and light.

The Phantom and Christine fit perfect together musically and in acting. You could really feel the love, fire, and passion portrayed between them. On the other hand she loved the Viscount with her heart and soul as childhood sweethearts.

It was a very moving, touching love story that is a classic for all time! If you are looking for a modern day chick flick try Phantom of the Opera!

0 comments: