Tuesday, December 22, 2009

NAIL CUT

My husband and I were invited to attend a big party by our friend, Nick last week. In the middle of the celebration, I break a nail. In order to prevent scratching or snagging my dress, I pick up a matchbox from the host's station. The book's striking surface is textured just enough to gently smooth the jagged edges of my broken nail. This wise solution makes me continuously enjoy the evening.

BLEEDING

I was dressed to impress my legs silky-smooth. Unfortunately, I moved the razor too fast and I ended up with a cut that won't quit bleeding. Instead of using a bandage, I grab the turmeric from my pantry. I sprinkle a dash of the bright yellow pick on the nick and waited a minute, then I dust it off.

BAD BREATH

I was dressed to impress for an important appointment with my female boss. Apparently, a quick huff in my hands reveals that garlic breath resulted from last night's scampi dinner is horribly threatening to steal the show from me absolutely not in a good way. And I'm out of mouth-wash.

Seeking ways to solve my bad breath, I gargle with 2Tbs. of lemon juice. Indeed, a quick solve!

FAT BELLY

I love summer. Indeed, this is a season of barbecues, balmy breezes, bathing suits...and bloats. Luckily, my stomach is just too distended to bear (or bare!). I just enjoy a cut of fresh honeydew melon chunks as a midday snack.

I've noticed that this juicy fruit packs - one-two punch against puffiness. Probably, maybe its high water content helps combat the mild dehydration that cause the body to retain fluids. And the fruit is one of nature's richest sources of the electrolyte potassium, which flushes bloat - inducing sodium of cells and restores proper fluid balance.

GRUNCHY TOTE

When I recently pulled my favorite leather - trimmed canvas handbag out of the attic, it was marred with dirt stains. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I rubbed dry gum eraser on a spot of the canvas. To my surprise, the dirt lifted immediately. I was so thrilled that I gave the entire bag a quick once-over. When I was done, it looked as great as it did when I bought it years ago. Best of all, I saved myself a trip to the dry cleaner.

0 comments: